Saturday, May 17, 2008

kumusta!

Hello,

welcome to Fil-Am-Fam aka Filipino-American- Family. My name is Ken. I was born in the Philippines and raised in the USA. This blog is something im trying out to help Filipino Americans learn some things about their Filipino culture and heritage as they grow up in the US. I was basically inspired one day by my nieces who are 5 and 7 yrs old and are half Filipino and half Irish American. I was amazed at how smart they were with technology and how easily at such a young age could operate a computer (both desktop and laptop). They really only use the computer to play games on websites directed for children. So i thought if they could play and learn on a computer why not do the same but have them learn about their culture on the side. So that is my goal. to make something fun and educational that will benefit not only my nieces but other Fil-Am kids that are curious about their Lola's side of the family.

things that i hope to post soon:

  • Numbers in Tagalog
  • Alphabet with example words in Tagalog
  • videos on how to pronounce words in Tagalog
  • printable coloring book of Filipino culture
  • children songs in Tagalog (not sung by me- thank goodness)
  • and whatever else i can think of that would benefit the kids

No comments: